What you can expect & how we will support you
PDVI offers a range of services to clients experiencing Domestic Abuse. All of our services are free and confidential, they are provided by experienced, trained staff and volunteers, and are available for as long as you need or want them.
Everyone needs support at some point in their lives and PDVI is here to support you to make positive and safe choices. Support can be difficult to define because it covers a wide range of activities. When PDVI refers to support it includes:
- Helping you to make your own choices, we will never make those choices for you.
- Listening to how you feel, and what you have to say about something.
- Explaining what options are available and what the outcomes of those options are likely to be.
- Explaining what barriers might prevent you from achieving something, and how you can overcome those barriers.
- Empowering and motivating you to set and reach your own goals to live safely.